Our Free Press is Costing You Plenty!

NewspapersWouldn’t you think that anyone with half a brain would see the absurd, unjustified, manufactured, and entirely partisan way in which New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is being crucified in the mainstream press? I am not going to bother explaining his ‘Bridge-Gate’ scandal here. If you are unaware of what I am talking about then you’ve had your head up your ___ and me trying to explain now would only cause your head to explode causing you a hemorrhoid operation in the very near future.

Governor Christie is considered to be in the forefront for one of the potential Republican candidates for President in 2016. That was his first mistake, being a Republican. With the exception of Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, and unarguably only a few other National News organizations, Christie has an uphill battle winning over the mainstream press. Unless he screws up, in which case he’ll get 24/7 news coverage whether he wants it or not.

All you have to do is compare the utter audacity of the mainstream press in the way they attack the ONE scandal they call ‘Bridge-Gate’, with the more then half a dozen ‘Obama’ scandals of the past year. Sixteen months since Benghazi and no Special Prosecutor has yet been appointed to investigate. Three years ago Fast And Furious, where the nations Attorney General, Eric Holder, was sanctioned by the U.S. Congress, and still no outcome to an investigation. The NSA, and the Affordable Care Act, just to name two more, and as of yet no forthcoming of truth, investigation, firing of personnel, or anyone looking into putting a ‘case closed’ to these scandals, no one but the opposite political side, the Republicans. But 24 hours after ‘Bridge-Gate’ broke in the news the Justice Department has the N.J. State Attorney’s Office convening a Grand Jury. The liberals will tell you it’s the Republicans making a mountain out of a molehill. The President of the United States had no first-hand knowledge of any of these improprieties. I use the word improprieties to cut the President some slack. The kind of slacking he seems to be willing to accept in his own leadership skills. But then you’d have the Republicans crying, ‘what kind of leader is he if he has no idea what is going on within the top brass of his administration?’  The liberal press would then argue that no one made him aware of what was going on under his nose so therefore he can’t be responsible. But obviously when Governor Christie uses the same defense, that defense doesn’t hold water and we’ll need a multitude of investigations to get to the truth.

No one, including me, has any real idea what the hell is the truth in any of these ‘scandals’. Our free press was supposed to be the check and balance to keep our government on the straight and narrow. The American Press, to a large extent, has its own agenda having very little to do with truth or justice. Just as cowardly as a beaten politician, if their back is pushed hard enough to the wall of truth and there is simply no way out, then they will reluctantly concede to the truth if only to save face. Politics and the liberal agenda trumps the truth in America today. If you are a liberal you should have just as much of a problem with that as a conservative. Are you getting the truth you deserve? How can any one of us decide intelligently who to vote for when we are basing our entire opinion on propaganda? Unless you are lucky enough to know the politician personally, you are deciding by the hearsay of someone else’s agenda. While the left and right stab each other in the back, we are the one’s left to bleed. You can’t believe the half of what you read is an old saying never more true then today.

Len Azzarone

Len Azzarone, a retired 30 year veteran of a New Jersey Police Department just outside N.Y.C., a man who has seen it all, challenges readers to see beyond the spin of mainstream media, and understand things as they really are. Coming from a paramilitary organization, he cuts through the fog of war using nothing more than the sensibilities of a right-wing conservative. Being ‘politically correct’ is nowhere in his vocabulary or ideology. Within his mind most issues are black and white when the waters are not muddied by liberalism. You will find his writings to be invigorating or infuriating, but at the very least, thought provoking. Not for the faint of heart, a read you won’t soon forget.

Latest posts by Len Azzarone (see all)

About Len Azzarone

Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Our Free Press is Costing You Plenty!

1. Steve KovacsSteve Kovacs says:

This is a great article because it states the truth. I’m not speaking from a republican or democratic standpoint. What you say is simply true, scary and I wish regular people would simply stand up and holler, “I’m mad as hell and I’m not taking it anymore.”

2. I’m with you when it comes to mainstream media. They are legally allowed to lie in any way they want to, and they can smear whomever they want in order to slant public opinion. The simple fact that mainstream media is owned by corporations with their own interests should be a huge warning flag for anyone who watches the news.

3. Patricia JohnsonPatricia Johnson says:

What is happening to Governor Christie is absolutely no different than what has taken place with President Obama over the past several years.

If there is even the inkling of a scandal Fox News and the WSJ jump on it like a hungry dog on a bone and won’t let go, even when facts prove them wrong.

Benghazi is a prime example. Republicans have chewed on this bone till there’s nothing left and no matter how many investigations they run, or how many new committees they set up to investigate this or that, the bottom line is always the same. There is no smoking gun on Benghazi.

No special prosecutor has been appointed to investigate because there isn’t anything to investigate. Have you actually read any of the findings of the various committees’ that have investigated Benghazi? The same holds true with Fast and Furious – there is simply nothing there other than a bunch of meaningless allegations.

In a way it almost seems impossible for Christie not to have known what was going on with the bridge, but so far there is no actual evidence of his personal knowledge, so in that respect, I agree, the press needs to cut him some slack. Actually, the press needs to cut everyone some slack and quit being so biased in their reporting and actually report what’s going on in this country, rather than their version of what is happening.

Christie’s people seem to have been extremely loyal to him, or at least it appears he demanded loyalty from his staff, in which case all actions may have actually been kept from the Governor.

If that turns out to be the case then a person could say, well he wasn’t at fault, but that’s not true either. When a person is in charge of others they convey a certain attitude and staff members pick up on that attitude, whether the words were verbalized or not.

I’ll give you an example. I worked for the same organization for a period exceeding 20 years and would often fill in for my boss when he was out of the office. My decisions on numerous issues were always based on what I “thought” he would want done if he was available to make the decision. My decisions would not necessarily be based on what he told me to do, but rather what I thought he would want done under the same circumstances.

As far as further investigations on Christie, there is absolutely something that needs to be checked out and that’s the ad that was placed using tax payer funds. Had the ad not included Christie and his family, and had it not been run during his reelection campaign, then there probably wouldn’t be any question about the legitimacy, but the fact is it appears funds were used for his political gain.

I am an Independent that has voted as a Democrat for the past five years because I was completely disgusted with the direction this country took under the Bush administration. I personally like Governor Christie and will be very disappointed if anything comes out of the investigations indicating Christie actually knew what was taking place with the bridge.

• Len Azzarone says:

Well that’s funny! I actually don’t agree with a single word you said yet we are both on the same page when it comes to our ‘freedom-less’ press. The Benghazi ‘scandal’ is a plight on this Country that cannot be overstated. There is insurmountable evidence that Obama, Hilary, and the State Department were well aware of what was happening but did nothing one would expect of the United States Government to do. Since you despise Fox News and I loath MSNBC News we’ll probably never agree; but that is OK. As far as Christie’s NJ advertising campaign, what Governor wouldn’t put himself in the picture when he is the highest ranking officer of the State? Any governor would and all do. Everyone knows that’s political but that is normal and to be expected. You hate Bush and can’t stomach Obama. One has a spine and the other a wet noodle in its place. We all want and see different things in people I guess. I hope you find the leaders you are looking for. I haven’t.

• Patricia JohnsonPatricia Johnson says:

Based on the time indicated on your reply I’m guessing you replied to my comment before the bipartisan report on Benghazi was released by the U.S. Senate this afternoon. I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to review the 85-page report, but since it basically confirms what I previously stated, that there are no real smoking guns with Benghazi, I won’t go into it further, other than to make the following comment.

It is a fact the following four individuals lost their lives September 11, 2012 during an attack on the Benghazi complex in Benghazi, Libya. U.S. Ambassador John Christopher Stevens, Information Management Officer, Sean Smith [former member of the U.S. Air Force] and two private security contractors Tyrone S. Woods and Glen A. Doherty, both former U.S. Navy SEALS.

It is also a fact that as of 10:00 a.m. [EDT] on January 15, 2014 there have been a total of 6,793 U.S. Military personnel killed in OIF [Operation Iraqi Freedom], OEF [Operation Enduring Freedom] and OND [Operation New Dawn].

Thanks for the comment and have a good day,

Pat

4. Len Azzarone says:

Like you, I do not want to beat a dead horse and go tit-for-tat with you on this subject either but I would like to make one final comment.

Yes, I have read over some of the U.S. Senate bipartisan report on Benghazi. And like you, I’d have to say that report also confirms what I had previously stated. Within an hour of the Benghazi Al Qaeda attach the President of the United States, Barack Obama, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, knew it was a terrorist attach yet lied to the American people by blaming the entire incident on an uprising over a video. Not only did they initially lie to the American people, they perpetrated this lie for over a two-week period. Obama and Hillary apparently took their cue from Bill’s playbook. But this wasn’t just about sex and a cigar; it was and is the ‘smoking gun’. Whether you look straight into a camera and say, “I never had sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky”, or announce to the world via a TV camera or podium at the UN, “this was all about a video”, a lie is a lie. What I find more revolting then the lie is the fact that this country did not do what it has ALWAYS done and must do; protect our men and women in the Armed Forces or in harms way at ANY cost, whether at the risk of more lives or not! We fight to the death, and stand over our fallen comrades until we can bring them home, period!

You make reference and name the four men killed in Benghazi. Then you cite the thousands killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, attempting to make an equation I’m not sure I understand. The four are ok because we lost so many more in wars? There is no equation to be made here. For the many who will die in the near future serving and protecting this nation I say we need a President who will lie to the enemy, not his people, then go and get the bastards who took our young.

5. Patricia JohnsonPatricia Johnson says:

Do you understand that there is a certain protocol that has to be followed when there is an incident like Benghazi? President Obama and Secretary Clinton were not in Benghazi the evening of the attack so they could not make any sort of statement. The CIA talking points that were released read, in part, as follows:

…….. The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the US Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the US diplomatic post in Benghazi and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.

-This assessment may change as additional information is collected
    and analyzed as currently available information continues to be
    evaluated.

If you read the report and the original e-mails, you will have a complete understanding of why the word ‘terrorist attack’ was not used (and frankly, if journalists were doing their job that fact would already be known). President Obama did not lie, but let’s say for the sake of discussion that he did.

You asked how I could equate the four lost in Benghazi to the thousands lost in the wars initiated by the last Republican president. In that instance, there was a lie, not an error made by CIA personnel , but an actual bold-faced lie. Do you remember the words ‘weapons of mass destruction’?

Actually, the point I was attempting to make in the equation (had I bothered to finish the paragraph) was the fact that we lost four Americans in Benghazi and there has practically been a new investigation taken up every time we turn around, yet we have lost thousands of young men and women in Afghanistan and Iraq, and tens of thousands more were wounded, yet I don’t recall seeing one Congressional report asking any questions as to ‘why’.

Have a good day Len,

Pat

6. Len Azzarone says:

OK. I see that you tend to align yourself with the Democrats ‘talking points’. Thinking as you apparently do I can understand that. You are very articulate and include ‘facts’ within your arguments, which always benefits an intelligent debate. I will dispense with your comment about protocol along with President Obama and Secretary Clinton not being able to make a statement because they weren’t in Benghazi as ludicrous. The one and only person who can make a statement would be the President of the United States. He doesn’t need permission to speak he just needs the facts.

You then mention a CIA talking point, and remember, a talking point is not necessarily a fact, which says, “the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the US Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the US diplomatic post in Benghazi and subsequently its annex”. What you did not mention was that the Armed Services Committee report yesterday says the same thing but went a bit further. The House says then-Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Martin Dempsey, both label the attack a terrorist action and Panetta told President Obama that on the day the attack happened 9/11. Accepting this report as fact since confirmed by Panetta and Dempsey, the President of the United States was well aware of the true facts yet decided to say otherwise to the American people, the press, UN, and at their funeral. To add insult to injury the President then has his National Security Adviser, Susan Rice, appear on five, count them, five national Sunday talk shows, and regurgitate the same lie.

With regard to ‘weapons of mass destruction’, to the best of my knowledge there was never any contention that this was a lie. The CIA, NSA, and others all reported to POTUS that there were in-fact weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Based on ‘intelligence’, POTUS began an invasion to protect this country from Saddam Hussein. President Bush never lied or was accused of lying except from more ‘talking points’ of the left.

And lastly, you are correct that we don’t see any Congressional reports requesting information regarding the men and women lost in the Iraq or Afghanistan wars. That is because we are in a WAR. It’s called the War on Terror, the war Obama claims we have already won. If that wasn’t such a stupid statement I’d be inclined to call that a lie also! I can forgive any President or any person for that matter who admits to a mistake. What I can’t tolerate is a President who’s repeated remarks are, “That’s my story and I’m sticking to it”.

• You may call it ludicrous, but it’s actually a fact of life. You are correct, the President doesn’t need permission to speak, however he does have to have someone else provide him with the details of what took place since he was not personally on the grounds of the temporary mission facility in Benghazi. His initial statement to the American public about the attack was based on documentation received from the Intelligence Community, it’s that simple.

You refer to an Armed Forces Report from yesterday and I’m confused. On January 13, 2014 declassified transcripts of Benghazi briefings were released, but as far as I’m able to determine the actual report has not yet been released.

It’s obvious from your comments that you have not read the actual reports on Benghazi and/or the e-mails. If you had actually read the reports you would know there is absolutely no basis for your statement about National Security Advisor Susan Rice. The statement made by NSA Susan Rice was the approved statement provided to her by the intelligence community, which you would already know had you bothered to read the material.

Sorry we are not in a war! We are involved in military engagements authorized by Congress. In order to be at ‘war’ the U.S. has to formally declare war and President Bush never requested a ‘Declaration of War’.

Please refrain from using the word ‘stupid’ when describing a statement I make. All of my statements can be backed by legitimate facts.

I will address the subject of Iraq weapons of mass destruction in an article.

Have a good day,

Pat

7. Len Azzarone says:

Pat, since my original article was in reference to the bias of the mainstream press, I agree with you that a different article should address your beliefs regarding ‘weapons of mass destruction’ or the lack thereof.

With regard to me calling you stupid, I believe you did not read my reply correctly. I called President Obama stupid for suggesting that the war on terror was over and inferring we won, not you!

I will leave you with this recent news report:

A public school teacher was arrested at John F. Kennedy International airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a compass, a slide-rule and a calculator. At a morning press conference, Attorney General Eric Holder said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-Gebra movement. He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

‘Al-Gebra is a problem for us’, the Attorney General said. ‘They derive solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute values.’ They use secret code names like “X” and “Y” and refer to themselves as “unknowns” but we have determined that they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As the Greek philosopher Isosceles used to say, “There are 3 sides to every triangle.”

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Obama said, “If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes.” White House aides told reporters they could not recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the President. It is believed that another Nobel Prize will follow.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

• Hi Len,

I believe I sent you a link to the article, but if not it’s on this website if you would like to read.

You’re absolutely correct. I read the sentence wrong, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

‘recent news report’ very amusing. Thank you and have a good day,

Pat

8. oldephartte says:

I have to smile. Neither of you seem to have heard of a very nasty technical description of our form of government : Government of Thieves. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleptocracy This is why one can say that the government employs tactics to utilize Stockholm Syndrome on its subjects ( whoops. ‘citizens’. Reminds me of the French Revolution ) by having an openly crazy ‘party’ and a ‘di[plomatic’ and ‘apologetic’ party. One openly embraces war : the other somehow manages to fund it regardless of ‘opposition.’ Good Cop, Bad Cop for the electorate.

• Hello,

No, I don’t believe I’ve ever heard the term Kleptocracy used to describe our form of government and if you look at the Corruption Perception Index of 2012 which you can get to from that same link, the United States has a rating of 73. 0 is highly corrupt, 100 is squeaky clean so as bad as we are, on a comparative basis we look pretty good on paper.

Have a good day,